Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pickledog's Top 25 Movies

A couple of weeks back I was tagged by my good friend and extremely talented artist Mike R Baker to list my top 25 favorite movies meme.

Keep in mind the list doesn't represent what I would consider the greatest films ever made. Gone With the Wind is great and all that, but when I'm sick, or want to chase the blues away I watch the Goonies. With that in mind I restricted my list to only include movies I have seen more than once, and/or own on DVD, VHS, or Betamax.

In no particular order here Pickledog's 25 favorite movies!

1. Star Wars IV
2. Star Wars V
3. Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Goonies
5. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
6. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
7. Shawn of the Dead
8. Hot Fuzz
9. Ghostworld
10. Groundhog day
11. The Princess Bride
12. Uncle Buck (I miss John Candy)
13. Fight Club
14. the Breakfast Club
15. Christmas Vacation
16. Ghostbusters
17. Beetlejuice
17. the Royal Tannebaums
18. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
19. 28 Days Later
20. Train Spotting
21. Wizard of Oz
22. Twelve Monkeys
23. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
24. Time Bandits
25. Bladerunner

In keeping with the spirit of the game I must now tag five others.

Jeff Brame: Champion of Monday Art Day, and maker of miniature masterpieces for ATC!

Princesstomato: Teri's whimsical paintings are so sweet, and full of super fun details.

Trevor Pitt: I'm so happy to see Trevor is back blogging, and mixin' it up!

Kelly Medina: Visit her blog if you like cute illustrations, cookies, and cats. I love the cat cushion btw.

Angelato: Angela Matteson's illustrations are soft, elegant, and fun.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

David thanks for the kind words and including me in the tag. It was a lot of fun. Funny we have a lot of similarities in movies. I can see where many of yours and my influences come from. You can check out my list at my blog. Keep up the awesome work man you rock!!

12:10 p.m.  
Blogger princesstomato said...

EEK! i just peeked at your blog and saw that you tagged me! I will get to it very soon...PROMISE! :)
thanks, pickledog, for the nice words! i agree with jeff---you are awesome!
teri

7:54 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly Medina said...

Hi David,
Thanks for the tag and the kind words about my blog, it means a lot coming from you. When I first saw your list I thought I could just copy/paste you list (ha!), we have a lot of the same favorites. But I think I have a couple of different ones I can toss in. I should have that posted over the weekend. Thanks again !:)

10:07 p.m.  
Blogger Tricky Trev said...

Hey David! Great flick picks! I can't disagree with a single one of them (I miss John Candy too!). I imagine my list will look pretty similar. I'll try and throw a list together this weekend. Thanks for the meme tag, and I'm hoping to make blogging a regular thing again! I've missed the online art community.

11:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Groundhog day was shot two towns over from where I live! I changed my list I don't know how many times! But I cheated with my LOTR and SW....I counted them as one! ; )

a : )

10:03 p.m.  
Blogger mike r baker said...

Great list, David! Trainspotting? Great movie but really harsh. There are movies I've seen that I will come away from a different person and say "that was an amzingly awesome movie! I never want to see it again." Schindler's List is one - too sad to see more than once.

You picked the 2 best Star Wars! And I love Wes Anderson's movies. :)

6:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home