Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award!



Pickledog and I are grinning from ear to ear, because our mega-talented friend Mike R Baker awarded us a Thinking Blogger Award! Now we have the honor of passing it along to five other bloggers that make us think. It was difficult to narrow it down to just five because there are so many amazing artist bloggers that I could have given out a dozen awards easily.. but rules are rules so here are our five picks (in no particular order.)

Justin Parpan I first saw Justin's illustrations when his book Gwango's Lonesome Trail was featured on Drawn!, and I was blown away. He draws a mean monster, and far out fantastic backgrounds that are the giant mutant bees knees!

Jannie Ho (Chicken Girl) Her illustrations are fun, colourful, and super cute! It is impossible not to smile when you see her work, heck I'm smiling just thinking about them!

Brian Gubicza (Goobeetsablog) He pulls together the various images of his dreams to create the most beautifully designed illustrations. Sometimes wild. Sometimes spooky. Always terrific!

Kathryn Howard (Scribblesk) Her blog is named Sniplings which is just as super-cute as her illustrations. I just love the all textures, and fun brush strokes in her creative collages.

Elizabeth Siegel (Tofusquirrel) Her amazing work makes me want to turn off my computer, and break out my Prismacolors. Not only does she create the most wildly original drawings, but she also makes fantastically cute little creatures called "critters." Something tells me she will flooded with critter requests very soon if she isn't already.
critters © 2007 tofusquirrel.com

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Hey, congratulations!!!

9:47 a.m.  
Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Aww, a BIG thank you, David and Pickledog! I feel very honored...and such kind words. I love your art too and it always makes me think and be inspired.

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

Wow, thank you most kindly Pickldog and David! You're the best!

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

:D :D Congratulations EVERYONE!
Kathryn, hugs!
Marjorie Ann

4:19 p.m.  
Blogger mike r baker said...

Justin Parpan - New one to me! And absolutely awesome! Thanks for this!

Jannie Ho (Chicken Girl) - One of my picks if I could have done a top 10 instead of 5. Chicken Girl ROCKS!

Brian Gubicza - Another wow! Another new one to me. Yay!

Kathryn Howard (Scribblesk) - I agree.

Elizabeth Siegel (Tofusquirrel) - Absolutely!

Great picks, David! Interesting how useful this award has been in revealing such awesome talent. Thanks!

6:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.
These are all great artist.
(soon to be added)

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger esillustration said...

Your art makes my feet wiggle! It is so fun, colorful, and interesting! I have a strong appreciation for your work and it makes me so happy that you like mine too!!! :-) !!!!
tofusquirrel

10:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home