Thursday, June 07, 2007

IF - My Paradise



My paradise is the secret Isle of Hidden Snacks. Thee map's not quite finished but we shall tellz yer the tale..
Me first mate Pickledog, and I were caught in a storm on the Orange Sea. Our ship was way off course, the compass needle was spinning round and round. We though we wuz doomed to meet Davy Jones in the big orange drink. Huge tangerine waves (thirty feet high if they were an inch) crashed against our stout ship throwing us overboard. We grabbed hold of a giant orange wedge floating beside us, and held on to the giant citrus for dear life.

In the morning we awoke on strange sugary sand, we had unknowingly discovered the Isle of Hidden Snacks...



A detail of our secret map. We only show yee cause we're pirate friendz.



At the centre of the island we built a tree house in the Dark Chocolate Forest. Beware me pirate friendz of thee Root Beer Ghost that lives in the Licorice Lake nearby. He is very friendly, but kind of gassy.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

ohhh how fun! I am all about going to places made out of food. This reminds me sooo much of the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs..... one of my favorites.

Anyways, hope I can come and visit the island sometime.

12:55 a.m.  
Blogger Vhrsti said...

Great work! Perfect!

1:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny! great writing and illo...

5:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What time does the ferry go? I don't want to miss it!

5:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll buy a ticket as well!
I love the tree house/castle

nice type too!

10:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am afloat in the sea of Green Tea! love to make my way to the Dark Chocolate woods, tho. Great drawing of a great idea. Especially the cyclops octopus (cycloptopus?)

11:46 a.m.  
Blogger Tracy said...

what a wonderful place to visit - good snackin and pirates too arrrgh. love the colors. its all so fun :-)

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Brittney Lee said...

Wow. Love it!

4:20 p.m.  
Blogger Pickledog said...

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of the great comments.

You all are welcome to come and visit the island. The ferry departs from the mainland every two hours. Just remember to wear your eatin' pants!

9:40 p.m.  
Blogger mike r baker said...

Good lord, I haven't laughed so much in... I don't know... is it okay if say I love you, David? In a manly way of course. ARRRR!

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger Pickledog said...

Hi Mike, I'm feeling the love over here. Arrr!

7:31 a.m.  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

THis looks like a lot of fun David! Thanks for stopping by! See you in July!

10:56 a.m.  
Blogger Tobias said...

This is absolutely STELLAR!! great work.

9:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home