Sunday, April 09, 2006

IF - Speed


A large crowd has gathered on this partly clouded day to see what has been promoted as the greatest stunt of all time. As Double Dare straps on his jet-pack his wife and pups wave to him from the grandstand which has been roped off at a safe distance. "Why did I let Salty talk me into this again?" Somehow his manager is always able to convince Double Dare into one "last" stunt. Salty promised this one is to be last-last ever, and if this cheap amy surplus jet fuel explodes it just might be. The count down begins. "I love you Mitsie" the words are drowned out by the jet pack's roars, but she can still read his lips through the smoke. Double Dare waves to the crowd, and gives Salty the thumbs up before flipping down his blast shield. Five.. four.. three.. two.. late to back out now.. one.. BLAST OFF!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rectite23 said...

very cute I love it!

6:27 p.m.  
Blogger Linzie said...

loving your retro stylie :D

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

double dare is my hero!!!

8:34 p.m.  
Blogger lil kim said...

love the perspective! very nice.

10:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... look at his face, he's so worried ;)

Amazing style u have.

8:17 a.m.  
Blogger TheTart said...

Tooo cute! I bet he is headed to the planet of endless doggy bones and doggy parks. ; )

Very fun.. thanks for droppng by, U R always welcome!

Smooch,
The Tart

BTW.. I LOVE PICKLE DOG, anywhere he goes.

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Aravis said...

*LOL* Great facial expression!

12:45 a.m.  
Blogger Tricky Trev said...

This is cool David...the story adds to the art mos-def. I have a poster of The Rocketeer hanging on my wall, so anytime I see someone work that in I pay atttention. Fingers-crossed that 'Double Dare' pays tribute to the kids' game show of the same name....? :D

PS: Dammit! This word verification is hard at 1AM! Is this crap written in Gaelic? Wee Vee McGrue? Did I just harnass the power of Banshee? Lord I hope not.

1:30 a.m.  
Blogger stp-illustrations said...

Great! I like it very much!!!

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger Dan Santat said...

I'm lovin' the work here! Give the imaginary friend a day off because he earned it!

8:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home