Saturday, February 18, 2006

IF - Song


After this weeks blast of winter I started to day dream about spring, and the song Robin in the Rain became lodged in my brain (somewhere between “how to make coffee” and my locker combo from highschool.) To make it worst I only knew the first verse of the song. I had a very minature Raffi in my head. Rocking back and forth in his brightly coloured shirt, and guitar repeating the first verse over and over. So here is my little Robin in the Rain with lyrics so you can all know and enjoy them.

Robin in the Rain

Robin in the rain
What a saucy fellow
Robin in the rain
Mind your socks of yellow

Running in the garden
On your nimble feet
Digging for your dinner
With your long, strong beak

Robin in the rain,
You don't mind the weather
Showers always make you gay
But the worms are wishing
You would stay at home
Robin on a rainy day

Written By: Clare Burke

9 Comments:

Blogger Sunday Afternoons said...

That's very cute! I remember singing that song in grade school.

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

Ah; very nice. It does trigger memories of childhood books.

11:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attitude robin...I like. Your illustrations never disappoint.

3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Rayne said...

I like the way the body language of the robin. Made me smile.

9:26 p.m.  
Blogger carla said...

Very cute! I like how he seems to be walking along singing his tune:>

4:30 p.m.  
Blogger Aravis said...

Wow, you just took me back a ways. *G* Beautiful illustration!

3:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I really like the colors.
www.wynlen.no

7:26 a.m.  
Blogger Todd DeWolf said...

I love Raffi and that is a good thing because my daughter likes him too. It beats Barney! Great illustration and I am looking forward to spring too. This was a strange winter!

10:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, this one is so painterly. I love the blue of the sky and the raindrop pattern. And your robin character is wonderful with his orange chest and yellow feet pumping.

http://www.choble.com

10:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home